On Wednesday, June 14, The Human Bean is excited to celebrate World Blood Donor Day in the best way we know how…supporting our fantastic northern Colorado community!
We have a couple of activities planned for the day to encourage community members to donate blood and save lives. From 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., our stand at 821 N. College Ave. will be hosting one of UCHealth’s mobile blood buses so patrons can donate blood in a safe and convenient environment. In addition, The Human Bean Coffee Truck will be at the UCHealth Family Medicine Center, 1025 Pennock Place in Fort Collins, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and is donating 10 percent of sales back to the UCHealth Garth Englund Blood Center.
Donating blood can benefit your community in so many ways. Here are just a few things you should know about giving blood on June 14:
- The blood donated stays local and will be used by Poudre Valley Hospital, Harmony Cancer Center and Medical Center of the Rockies
- More than 70 percent of blood donations come from mobile blood drives
- They only take one pint of blood when you donate, and it takes about 45 minutes to do so
- Giving blood can save two people’s lives
- One in five blood recipients are children, many of whom are cancer patients
As you know, The Human Bean has fostered a very close relationship with UCHealth over the past decade because of our Coffee for a Cure fundraiser every October. We are excited to support UCHealth once again and hope you will join us!
Put up this poster at your location to help spread the word about World Blood Donor Day!